miércoles, 2 de febrero de 2011

New Host Fam-Bam!

I just arrived at my new host families house a few hours ago. So far, it's been really, really great. We had dinner all together and they have been really nice and accommodating. Flor gave me the keys to the house right away and told me to feel at home and relax and settle in.

This sounds really stupid but I am allowed to use the stove. In the first house, I wasn't allowed to use the stove or prepare any of my meals or anything. I felt like I was 7 again and she was always on top of me telling me to do things or not letting me do things (like wear socks in the house and go out where I want without making comments).

In any case, I am really happy. The family seems really nice and there is even a son in the house that is my age. If we get along, maybe we can take me to the hip-hop happenin' places in Madrid. Awww yeah.

Other than that, my week has been really relaxed. I had art class yesterday and I drew this palm tree that was in the tropical garden we went to go visit. It reminded my of home (in medford) and home (in DR) and also of Kai. Of course I had to put on the Juan Luis Guerra and get it in while I drew this tree. Including this song:





Here is the picture of the palm tree that I drew:





Yesterday was Lucia's birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUCIA!!! 22! WOO! It was really weird because that's the first birthday since I've been born that I wasn't with her. I video chatted with her and my mother for a little bit while they were getting the birthday funness ready but it was weird not being there. I miss home a lot. The new host family that I'm staying with has a really warm home. It's also nice to have siblings again (although these one could never replace T-dizzle and LucyFlo) so hopefully I'll start feeling less homesick.

Kai also said he's coming for spring break (SPRING BREAK WOO!)! So I am really excited for him to come and see Madrid (and of course be able to see him). I want to really get to know the city and the awesome things to do here before he comes so I can show him.

I was kind of really sick for the past week. Just really stuffed up and I had a cough. Today I'm feeling so much better though! I feel like I'm getting back to normal, which is nice because the program is taking us to Toledo from Friday to Saturday (woo!).

Hopefully I'll have more fun things to update then. My university classes begin next week!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario